Levi has been reeaallllyyyyy wanting to help me in the kitchen so I thought up the perfect recipe for him to do just that. Granola!
It’s not a messy recipe, for the most part you use a 1/2 cup measuring cup the whole time which makes it very simple. and all the cooking is done in the oven. The perfect recipe for little ones to help with.
Did I mention how incredibly tasty it is?
It is. Incredibly. Tasty.
Shiloh went on and on about how wonderful it was saying, “This is is the best healthy dessert I have ever had in my entire life!!!” Even the hubs said it was perfect and to not change a thing. He then got seconds. Let me tell you: make this recipe. It is AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!
Here’s what you need:
1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp vanilla
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl. Stir well.
3. Combine all wet ingredients in small bowl. Stir well.
4. Pour dry ingredients onto baking dish. Spread and flatten.
Tip: A stone baking dish works the best!
5. Drizzle wet ingredient mix all over dry ingredients.
6. Stir gently making sure it’s all covered. Spread and flatten again.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir, spread and flatten.
8. Bake for another 15 minutes. Stir.
9. Let sit for 10 minutes to cool.
10. Enjoy the best granola EVER!
From our Whole Family to yours……