My kids have been begging me to use the waffle maker that’s been sitting in my cabinet for over a year, still in the box. I finally worked up the nerve to unpack it and get to work on making a delicious, airy, healthy, wheat-free waffle and guys- I believe I did. Check out our whole family recipe for pumpkin waffles!
Here’s what you need:
2 cups canned Pumpkin
1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
4 tbsp Butter or Coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp 100% Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
3 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Cinnamon
8 egg whites (You can use real eggs or from a carton of 100% egg whites)
*Oil or butter to coat waffle maker with.
Here’s what you do:
1. Combine all ingredients, excluding the egg whites.
2. Beat egg whites with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes, until very light and fluffily.
3. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
4. Preheat waffle maker to high heat. Spray or coat with oil. (The coating helps to make the waffle crispy.)
5. Add 1/2 a cup of batter to waffle maker and cook for 3/1 – 4 minutes.
Waffle is ready when it easily comes away from waffle maker. Makes about 12 large waffles.
Top with Kerrygold butter and 100% pure Maple Syrup.